You think you’ve seen everything, but this one is pretty bad…
- Kaiser is one of the largest healthcare organizations in the US (insurancer and provider).
- I am a Kaiser member, so I use their website to communicate with my phyisician as they recommend.
- Today, I log into their website, and read a message from my physician discussing some recent lab tests I had taken.
- On that page, my ad blocker notifies me that it has blocked:
- … and a few others that don’t have any business being on a website displaying health information either, like webtrends or some Adobe site. Even Truste is debatable.
Here is a screenshot of my ad blocker. Red is what the ad blocker blocked.
To verify, I looked at the HTML source, and it turns out that if my ad blocker hadn’t blocked it, the page would also include Doubleclick stuff! And some HTML comments which I will leave you to read … Here is the HTML, slightly reformatted to fit the space here:
“Re-Marketing” — are you serious?? On a page that has my health care data on it?
For reference, the URL for this page is https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/mycare/consumer/my-health-manager/message-center/from-my-doctor/!xxx (where xxx is something that looks like a session identifier which I have stripped).
P.S. I will append any Kaiser response to this post, should I receive any.
Response from Kaiser via Facebook:
If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you can opt out: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/